Suspected second victim named as Celia Marsh
The second one particular person idea to have died after consuming a product from Pret a Manger has been named as dental nurse Celia Marsh.
The meals chain mentioned Mrs Marsh died after consuming a “super-veg rainbow flatbread” containing a yoghurt that was once intended to be dairy-free, however was once discovered to be infected with dairy.
Mrs Marsh, 42, died on the Royal United Sanatorium in Bathtub on 27 December, 2017.
The Meals Requirements Company (FSA) mentioned it investigated provider CoYo, which then issued an allergic reaction alert and recalled its coconut yoghurts.
However CoYo has denied the recall was once related to the loss of life and accused Pret of hampering its personal probe by means of failing to offer essential data.
“The claims made by means of Pret are unfounded,” a spokeswoman for CoYo mentioned on Sunday.
The most recent loss of life emerged as Pret was once going through scrutiny over 15-year-old Natasha Ednan-Laperouse, who was once allergic to sesame and died after consuming one among its baguettes.
Mrs Marsh collapsed and died after purchasing the sandwich in a shop in Stall Side road, Bathtub.
Pret mentioned it were “mis-sold” a assured dairy-free yoghurt by means of CoYo that was once found out to include dairy protein.
Vegan logo CoYo, a coconut milk logo that has been counseled by means of TV cook dinner Nigella Lawson, recalled the yoghurts in February.
However CoYo has denied this was once associated with the loss of life, announcing that product was once provided to it in January – after the loss of life.
“The dairy-free product we equipped to Pret in December 2017, on the time of this tragedy, isn’t related to the product we recalled in February 2018,” a spokeswoman mentioned.
“Pret’s lack of ability to offer us with a batch code, in spite of a number of requests, has critically restricted our talent to research this additional.”
Pret introduced ultimate week it is going to come with complete element labelling on all of its merchandise and the Govt is thinking about a legislation trade after the loss of life of Natasha, from Fulham, south-west London.
She collapsed on board a flight in July 2016 after consuming an artichoke, olive and tapenade baguette she had purchased in Heathrow Airport.
Extra to practice…